Monday, November 24, 2014

New plants

We purchased some new plants recently, just to add some green into our life.  Seems like everything around us is so brown!
Here's one by the corner of the living room, next to the chaise lounge.  Look, a new bud!
It's a good little reading/sitting area although I'm not sure if the plant gets enough light.  One part of the plant started turning yellow and brown.  Overwatering perhaps??? Who knows but figured I would actually plant it into the big pot.  Hmm... soil with guano?  Isn't that bat poop??? Well, whatever it was, I'm just glad it didn't smell bad!
And here's one other plant for outside, on our balcony.  We had a similar plant in our bathroom, except Bobby said he didn't like the way "it" was looking at him and that "it" wanted to take a nibble at his knee.  Ha ha! Well, hopefully this one won't turn "jurasssic" like the other one in Tulsa :-)
And back to my bonsai "Ali"... he's doing really well!  At the beginning, he kept losing his leaves and now that I've moved him into the kitchen by the window, he is much happier.  I guess probably because I've been watering him a little bit more too.  And look, he is sprouting some new leaves too!
I think that's about it for now.  I'll have to hold back on buying any more plants.  I did see some aloe planted along the side of the walkway close to our building though.  Hmm.... tempting!

No comments: