Friday, November 14, 2014

Graham is 4 1/2 years old

I can't believe we have a 4 1/2 year old boy now!  Where has the time flown? I still remember the day we brought him home from the hospital. He's obviously quite a mischievous one but which little boy isn't??!
Graham is doing much better in building jigsaw puzzles now:
But always distracted by the TV!  He loves watching his cartoons - day and night.  He would say "I NEED to watch TV!"
And he drew this at school.  He said he drew himself walking on the pavement. I still can't believe he actually drew this.  We don't do a lot of drawing at home so it's a lot better than what I expected!
And then this one just this past week.  I was so happy it almost made me cry!
I bumped into Graham's Arabic teacher the other day at school and she said that Graham is writing very well. That is so great to hear.  Soon enough he's going to have to teach me Arabic!  And speaking of writing, his class teacher said Graham has been doing great!  He did this all by himself. So proud of him!
Graham wrote "hot, mop, got, mom, rock". His "p" still needs a little work :-)
And supposedly with his math, his class teacher was going to work on a Math worksheet as a whole class activity but Graham felt confident enough to do it on his own and he aced it!  Smarty pants. Ha ha!
As UAE National Day (Dec 2) is approaching, the school has been doing quite a bit with the national colors.  Graham said they hand painted a bird:
And today, I had him color in the colors of the flag.  And he wrote his name all by himself!  And took his photo all by himself too!
Graham still plays soccer and loves it.  He has improved a lot since this past summer and we hope to keep that up with him.  Eventually there will be piano lessons and Chinese tutoring/lessons too. Eventually!

No comments: