Saturday, November 16, 2013

Arizona Women's Open

I was determined to play well this time around after a not-so-good final round at my last event (the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia).  To add to the challenge, I had to find a daycare at the last minute to make sure the boys were taken care of while I was golfing.  The sitter agency failed to notify me about the inability to find a sitter until the day before the tournament - on a Sunday! So first thing Monday morning, I started down my list of places to check out for the boys. Luckily the first place I visited (at 6am!) was able to accept both boys.  Charlie cried as usual but I was really surprised with Graham.  He was a little hesitant, perhaps nervous by the large number of kids.  Graham normally only has about 10 kids in his classroom. There were more than 20 in this room! Well, needless to say, by day 2 and day 3, it was "I don't want to go to school" and "I want to go home!".  I felt so bad for Graham, which made me even more angry with the sitting agency!

As for the tournament (Dec 4-6), I played well enough to earn my entry fee back. I shot 73, 73, and 72 to finish tied 20th place. It was nice to be able to put three consistent rounds together. Too bad it was my last event of the year - would have been nice to bring that momentum to the next event!

Thankfully once the tournament was over, the weather continued to stay nice.  The boys and I went to the Phoenix zoo and the boys enjoyed just playing in the backyard with all the construction toys:



And Graham loved to practice his golf too in the backyard:
It's only a matter of time before little brother Charlie figures it out!


No comments: