Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter Wonderland!

So after all that ice, we had about 8" of snowfall that same (Friday) night! Remember that icicle on the shrub...? Well, this is what it ended up looking like!
Everything is starting to melt now. There is a constant dripping sound around the house - like rain. Almost all of the ice has melted off the tree branches and thankfully no other damage has been done to the trees. Oh, the pine tree in the backyard by the creek did lose a branch as well.
Here's a closer look at all that ice and snow!
A view of the back of the house:The deers coming back to feed:
And guess who I spotted today up in it's nest! I guess they didn't migrate south for the winter! (The other hawk was further up in the branches on that same tree)
My attempt at building at snowman... or what Bobby referred to as my snow "mound". The snow was too powdery! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :-P
And finally, here's a pic of the little creek at the back of the house. Looks so pretty with all the snow!

Since there was no golf to be played on Saturday, we decided to go out and do something. We've been wanting to watch Avatar in 3-D for the longest time and so after checking the times online, it finally looked like there were some open seats! The IMAX version had been sold out since the movie first came out! But by the time we got to the theater, the tickets were sold out! We couldn't believe all the people that were out on the road despite the road conditions - especially after seeing about 4 accidents on the freeway on the way to the movie theater!
Anyhow, we ended up going to Babies "R" Us to update our baby registry and after that, off to the mall. Bobby wanted to get a new frying pan but after some convincing, we walked out with a brand new set of pots and pans! I'm so happy! The old pots and pans have been with me since the first week of college... that's 16 years of service!!!
Here's Bobby (pic below) making our lunch on Sunday (and telling me to get out of the way!). We bought a new cookbook recently called The Pioneer Woman Cooks - the Pioneer woman being Ree Drummond. The recipes so far have been easy to follow and yes, yummy!!! The blueberry cobbler especially is delicious! I don't think I can pay for another one at a restaurant!And what's that you see? YES!!! I finally have my first KitchenAid mixer! I told Bobby that EVERY kitchen needs one. And he's like... why not this other brand? It's half the price! And I said nope! It has to be a KitchenAid! So after contemplating for the longest time, we finally bought one before leaving for vacation last Christmas. The prices kept coming down and it was too good to pass up! Thanks, honey!!! :-) I LOOOOOOOOVE YOU! :-x

No comments: