Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Guest bathroom update

The guest bathroom is coming together very slooooooowly. I was trying to clean the stains in the shower enclosure but these stains seems to be completely stained into the fiberglass. Then, I was attempting to change the shower control and the sink faucet but that didn't happen either. It seems more complicated than it had originally looked.
So after finally pulling off all the wallpaper (by the way, the trick is to use a steam iron! Obviously too late according to Bobby)... I started to plaster the wall where the brown paper/wall was coming through. Needless to say it was the wrong step. The brown paper was bubbling through the plaster! So after a day of sanding yesterday (what a mess!) the walls do look better. I will be sealing today, which was suppose to be the FIRST step and then priming and hopefully I'll have enough time to paint before Bob's brother and sis-in-law show up this Friday night! Will post pics if and when I'm done! I suppose if I didn't sleep so much, it would be done :-)

No comments: