Monday, February 15, 2010

Nice weekend - Valentine's & Chinese New Year

My weekend actually started very nicely on Friday - when a package arrived on the front steps. Thanks to a very AWESOME friend, the box said "Graeter's" on it. Yup... Graeter's ice cream - shipped all the way from Cincinnati!!! My first taste of Graeter's ice cream was last year when I was in Cincinnati during the Futures Tour event.
There are a total of 6 pints of ice cream, packed in dry ice - two of which is the popular flavor of Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip. YUM!!! Bobby had never heard of this ice-cream brand but he is obviously now very familiar with it. He's been devouring the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip!
Saturday's weather was warm enough for Bobby and I to go out and play some golf. I was 3-down after 3 holes! I should have known it would have been a tough day when I shanked my first wedge shot during my warm-up on the driving range! By the end of 9 holes, I was 2-down, although I did earn myself a lobster dinner when I got it up-and-down from the bunker on #17 (we started on #10). Yay! Things were not looking any better when we made the turn. I shanked another wedge shot on #3. Bobby and I did have $20 bets in between but finally, on the last hole... with the temperature was dropping, I told Bobby that if I made par on the long Par 4, I would earn myself $40. And sure enough, despite losing my match 4 down, I ended the day with a lobster dinner and $40 richer! :-)
On Sunday/Valentine's Day - Bobby and I both exchanged cards and Bobby surprised me with a gift! I love his originality in wrapping the gift. I later found out that he had forgotten to put the bow on it when I found the bow in the plastic bag today. Anyhow, I love my gift! It's a recipe book holder. I've been wanting one for a while now and I guess bobby got the hint! I've been wanting to get a rug for the dining room and also a gas stove too... hmm... guess I need to work harder on those hints! I am trying to save for the rug and have obviously added $40 to my collection!
This past Sunday was also the first day of Chinese New Year - year of the Tiger. Mom would have been 60 this year. Sis is born in the year of the Tiger too and looks like we're adding another Tiger to the family - with our little boy! No dumplings or long noodles yet to celebrate the new year. Thankfully Chinese New Year goes on for 15 days, so I have 13 more days starting tomorrow to at least make some dumplings!

No comments: