Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wall art in baby's room done!

Finally... after days of drawing and painting (and double painting!), the baby's room is done!
The walls were originally the darker beige color and we decided to paint half of it a baby blue. How did boys end up with "owning" the blue color anyway???
Anyhow, the idea of the "Forest" theme came about when I saw a really cool print on a lace panel in a magazine. It's called the Rabbit Hollow Lace Panel. With no real chance of owning them, I figured why not draw them on the wall instead!
I started with the rabbit and a few trees and a bird... and ended up with Bobby's request of a monkey! He is really getting into the monkey that was in the movie "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs". STEVE! The monkey was not part of the panels but I think it turned out pretty well! :-)
And last night, Bobby came home with a baby teether in the shape of, yes - you guessed it - a MONKEY!
On another note, I'm actually sitting in the waiting room of a medical lab right now - waiting for my 4th and thankfully final blood draw! My first glucose test taken this past Monday was high so now I have to go through an extended version of it. I haven't eaten since 10pm last night and I'm really surprised the baby isn't complaining! He's probably on a sugar high from the glucose drink I had to take at 9:20 this morning. My right arm is a little bruised now, probably because the other technician missed my vein. We've moved on to my left arm now and it's already feeling quite sore. Well, hopefully by the end of the day, the results will be what we want to hear. I don't want to see another needle! :-s

No comments: