Friday, January 29, 2010

The weather outside is frightful...!

But thankfully, it's nice and warm inside the house and my camera has a large enough lens/zoom to take some cool pictures! Looks like the amount of ice has doubled overnight. Looking at my blog post yesterday, the icicles on this same area of the shrub was definitely not this thick and heavy!





We also lost a couple more branches on our pine tree by the side of the house. This poor pine tree had already lost the top half of itself 3 years ago during the bad ice storm then. I hope it survives this one!
But ice can be so pretty at the same time. Here are some other photos that I had taken this morning.







Although, the ice on this tree in the backyard is getting so heavy that the branches are now touching the ground!














And as you can see here, it's starting to snow!
I hope the birds were smart enough to fly south for the winter!I hope there's enough snow by the end of the day for me to build a snowman on the deck. If not, there's definitely enough to throw a few snowballs at Bobby! :-)

No comments: