Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why can't I sleep???

I highly doubt it that I'm still jetlagged from our vacation. It's been over 2 1/2 weeks since we've been home (did I mention I REALLY miss New Zealand???). It was the first time last night of my pregnancy (6 months today!) that I actually spent the night on the couch. Bobby and I went to bed just a little after 11pm last night. I drank a glass of milk before heading upstairs just to be sure I wouldn't get hungry in the middle of the night. Well, it didn't work. In about an hour, I was downstairs eating a yogurt. In about another hour or so after that (at 0300 hours), I ended up bringing my body pillow downstairs and camping out on the couch, in front of the tv watching tennis (The Australian Open), with a Special K chocolate shake. Dozing in and out of sleep, I later heard Bobby waking up upstairs and finding out that Murray had just won despite losing his first set to Cilic. It was 6am...
After having Bobby tuck me back into bed (with another yogurt of course), I finally fell back to sleep. Bobby did later wake me up as he came home to drop off our new kitchen table.
We went with a round pedestal table and I think it fits quite well in the kitchen. We have moved the old kitchen table into the soon-to-be painted dining room. It looks so much smaller in there, but I think it will serve it's purpose quite well, especially when we start having visitors!
In the meantime, the wintry weather has arrived again in Tulsa. No snow yet. So far, just sleet and a lot of ice! Here are some pictures taken today. Some pretty neat icicle formations on the shrub!
As I was hanging out in the kitchen, the deers showed up in the backyard to feed. At first it was just the family of 4. And then, all of the sudden... there were a whole bunch of them! I think there were a total of 8!
I love living in this neighborhood! :-)

No comments: