Monday, January 18, 2010

I love Photo Stitch!

There's a software that comes along with the Canon camera called Photo Stitch. You basically take a number of consecutive pictures using the "Stitch" setting on your camera. And then, once you've downloaded these photos onto your computer, you are able to "stitch" them all together - producing a photo landscape!
I took some pictures during our trip in New Zealand. The first attempt to stitch Hole #12 at Cape Kidnappers didn't turn out so well. Bobby must have moved in the picture because as you can see, there's two of them in the photo stitch! (You can barely see the two little black dots in the middle of the photo, just by the glitch if you look along the horizon - that's him!)
Fortunately, the photo stitch for the infamous "Pirate's Plank" or Hole #15 came out perfect! You can see Bobby in the distance, by the golf cart. Unfortunately, the blog-site keeps returning an error when I'm trying to upload the picture! Perhaps the size of the photo is too large. Oh well, you will just have to believe me that it turned out great! :-)
And finally, here's a photo stitch of Bobby at the top of "Bob's peak" in Queenstown, New Zealand. At 2,500 ft, you get a clear view of the Queenstown Bay and the mountain range (the larger one to the left) called the Remarkables. It's just stunning!
I had forgotten to upload another video that was taken during our trip. This one is of Bobby providing a documentary during our time at the Franz Josef Glacier, at the South Island in New Zealand. It's quite hilarous, as Bobby imitates the late "Crocodile Hunter" - Steve Irwin, in his Australian accent. And I just can't help myself but chuckle in the background!

And of course, I didn't quite finish my part of the video. As I had mentioned - pointing the camera towards the glacier - about how that is one part of Franz Josef. And so, here's the other part of it...
which is the view of where we had trekked from. Mostly rocks with a path carved out in between, with very tropical hills/mountains on both sides,... although not very clear as it was a very cloudy day. Like I had said in the video, we were just glad it wasn't raining!

No comments: