Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Or... "Hap Halloween" as a little tricker-treater said this past Saturday. He sounded really cute but I couldn't see him as I was bundled up on the couch with the chills. I was all prepared for Halloween - carved the pumpkin (was suppose to carve both but it was SO TOUGH!) and even bought a witches hat! Oh well, guess I know what I'll be next year for Halloween!
Actually, Bobby and I were really wondering if anyone was going to knock on our door for trick-a-treating. We were expecting the first knock at perhaps 6:30pm but no one showed up till maybe 7:30pm! Wow... Bobby and I must be old or too conservative! Thankfully Bobby took care of the door knocks and handed out the candy while I moped on the couch. And thankfully the last door knock was before 9pm. I was ready for bed!
I felt a little bit better on Sunday... and seeing the little birdie again in the tree house made me happier as well. I haven't spotted the bird since our last sighting 2 weeks ago. And as to how this bird actually can perch itself up in that hole? I took more pictures and look! You can see it's tiny feet! so it's actually just sitting there. It's just seems like such a tiny opening though! And I'm not sure if this is a different birdie, but it does look skinnier. Maybe the male? Looks like he's protecting the birdhouse - "I'm king of my domain!!"
And Bobby was back at it again! After mowing the backyard, he attempted to take another fallen branch down. He did send me away... after ONE comment or what he calls CRITICISM! No need to raise your voice at a now pregnant woman! Blah! :-P Obviously, everything worked out in the end when the dead branch finally came down. Bobby then went to play golf and I stayed home and watched movie after movie on TV since I still wasn't feeling 100%. And Bobby took care of dinner when he got home too. How nice! I wonder how long this can go on for... :-)

No comments: