Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shiny car!

Finally, after months of sitting dirty in the garage, I finally washed and waxed my car. I have to say, it looks great! :-) It took extra long to clean it because after an entire season of driving, I had to use a special bug cleaner to get all those bug and oil stains off the bumper and along the sides of the car. Phew! Now, I just want to keep the car in the garage and not drive it and get it dirty again!
I've been slowly taking care of little items around the house. I finally was able to switch out a couple of the light switches with dimmers. It took me THREE attempts to change out the light switch in the living room. First attempt - I didn't have the correct light switch (so back to Lowe's!). Second attempt - The wires didn't fit the little holes behind the switch (so back at Lowe's again!). Third and final attempt - with the same light switch, I was told to wrap the wires around the screws. Tada!!!
The dimmer switch in the dining room was much simpler. 2 black wires and a green wire. I've yet to put the face-plate back since we are planning on painting the dining room. Not too fond of the dark red.
Speaking of painting, I finally sanded and repainted my country bench. Right now, we have it by the back door... it seems to fit in that little nook. I know I'm probably going to move again soon enough! :-)

No comments: