Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby blanket

Finally! 2 1/2 years later... I finally finished crocheting the baby blanket! I had started on it when my sister was pregnant with my little nephew back in the summer of 2007. Right about halfway through the blanket, she decided that she didn't want it because it was too pink! And obviously, with little Mikey being a boy, he can't have a pink blanket! When I first bought the roll of yarn, I thought there was just the same amount of purple in it versus the pink, but I guess I was wrong.
I did actually complete the blanket once before but it wasn't symmetrical at all when I was done! The way this blanket is crocheted, it starts out at one point and goes wider into a triangular shape and then back narrow towards a single point, to form, from what I can see, more of a diamond shape rather than a square (well... kind of a diamond shape ;-). In any case, it was no where close to that diamond shape the first time! So after pulling off the yarn back to the halfway point, I tucked the project away until about 2 weeks ago.
I'm glad it's finally done! Although, I'm not too sure what to do with it now. I do have a friend that's expecting a baby girl in February, but I'm embarrassed that it might not be well-made enough as a gift. Guess we'll leave it for now and see what happens at our next doctor's appointment. It may still be too early to tell though what the gender of our baby will be. I will only be at 14 weeks next Monday.

2 comments:

Sis said...

ya, you tried to convince me it was blue. ya right! Love, Sis.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Cindy!! Corina just mentioned it to me. Looking forward to meeting your little peanut!