Friday, October 30, 2009

Knocked up!

Yup, it's official! I am 11-weeks pregnant! We actually found out during LPGA qualifying school late October but wanted to keep it quiet until we actually had our first ultrasound. So speaking of ultrasound, here are a couple of images. The doc had to use the vaginal probe to get clearer images, which I was not happy about at all! But seeing the baby's image and HEARING the baby's heartbeat was amazing! It was beating at an amazing 160 beats per minute! And when the doc held the probe still, you could see the baby move. It was moving like crazy! Hope that's not a sign of TROUBLE to come! :-)
Here's a funny pic that came out from the ultrasound. Bobby calls it the crazy jack o'lantern peanut! The baby's eyes and mouth are illuminated like a jack o'lantern and his head and body is shaped like a peanut. And look, he's waving at you too! Haha! Too funny. Speaking of "he", we really don't know the sex of the baby yet. My dad's already put in an order for a girl. :-)
Well, the baby is at 7cm right now - almost 3". We're reading the book "What to expect when you're expecting" and we really thought that the baby was only the size of a blueberry, so obviously we're a little bit off track! But it's just amazing how this little "thing" growing in you can cause so much discomfort and nausea! No, I haven't had to hug any toilet bowls (yet)... but it sure is an awful feeling when all you want to do all day is lay on the couch! And I've yet to have a good night's sleep. The baby already has me trained - having me wake up at least 2 to 3 times a night to pee,... and getting me up at 6:30am needing to eat! Did I mention how tired I am of thinking of my next meal???
But out of it all, both Bobby and I are really excited. I think reality is sinking in slowly for me that I'm going to be a mommy. AaaahhhhHHHHHH...!!! And Bobby is hoping the baby's due date will be on his birthday. Right now, the baby is scheduled to arrive on May 20, 2010 which is 10 days earlier than Bobby's birthday. We're going to have another Gemini in our house! Yikes.... 6 personalities in one household! And based on the Chinese calendar, the baby will be a Metal Tiger. So, among a Dog (Bobby) and a Dragon (me), it's going to be a crazy family! :-)