Thursday, October 15, 2009

New door!

I was so excited when our new door finally arrived yesterday! (Here's a pic of our old door, by the way) But I guess I was a bit naive when it came to changing it out. I was curious why installation was so expensive and after watching the guy changing it out yesterday, I understood why.
See, when they say a new door, they mean a new door + an entire new frame! A new door to me meant taking the hinges out and once the old door is out, the new door goes it. Ta da!!! Well, this guy had a crow bar and a hammer and he was taking out the trims and exposing the brick of the house! He then had to trim the edges of the hardwood floor too so it was even and level for installation. 2 hours later, he was finally all done... and it looks great! Now we just have to paint it. Hmm... regular brush or a roller on fiberglass????
And oh, when Bobby got home, he asked if we actually got the correct glass style on the new door. And I thought it looked right, but then when I looked again, it is definitely different from the one that we originally ordered! After he had mentioned it, I really don't remember the diamond-shape pattern. Oh well, I guess our house is our "diamond in the rough" :-)

No comments: