Monday, October 19, 2009

Productive Sunday

Bobby and I had a really good day yesterday. It all started with a nice surprise in the front yard. There was a little birdie in the bird house!... the one that I "borrowed" from the golf course :-) Bobby had a good point - how DOES that bird just sit there in the entry of that birdhouse? Maybe there's a little perch on the inside. I always wondered if there would ever be another occupant for the birdhouse since there was already a bird's nest in there when I first picked it up from the course. Oh wait, I mean "borrowed" from the course. I'm so happy for the new birdie!!!
Bobby and I finally finished putting together the border along the front yard. We are so happy with our work. It looks so much better! We found some decorative border that will (hopefully) keep the mulch in place! The rain has been washing away a lot of our mulch, hence the rock as well on the corner of the house. We'll need to put another big rock against the wall, once Bobby recovers from his hardwork :-)
Speaking of hardwork, Bobby didn't stop there. Once we were done, I wanted to have a branch of a broken tree limb trimmed. So off he went. First, with the smaller ladder and armed with an electric saw. But then unfortunately, the battery of the saw died pretty quickly. So he was stuck with a curvy saw on a long pole which was doing very little at ground level. Thankfully, I found the other spare battery for the saw. So off he went again. This time with the larger ladder. After a few minutes of sawing, he would come down and tug at the tree limbs (tree winning of course, but obviously not a good thing to say to him). When the battery started to die again, I suggested an axe... and needless to say, an awesome idea! It did take quite a few chops (and a few misses), but eventually, Bobby got the job done! And then, he decided to show off... which probably attributed to his sore back. Who is my silly honey!! :-p
Well, I had my own productive day today. It took SOOOO many hours to paint the front door, but it's done! Just don't look at it too closely. Let's just say that fiberglass it not a fun material to paint on! And... hmm, come to think of it, I still have to paint the inside of the door and the trim on both sides! Good thing my golf season is over and there is no deadline!

No comments: