Friday, October 16, 2009

New sink and faucet installed!

The new sink and faucet is finally installed! I had bought the kitchen faucet since my golf event in New Hampshire (end of July) and the new sink had been sitting on the kitchen floor since last month. So, yay! The guy that installed it was actually just here earlier this week installing our new door. It took him a little bit longer with the sink and faucet as he had to go back to Lowe's a couple more times to get the correct parts. He also had to familiarize himself with the faucet and its built-in filter system. Fancy! But then again, once it was all said and done, the faucet doesn't actually shut off completely when you turn it off. So drip, drip, drip for a few seconds and then it's done, which is really weird for an expensive faucet. I did buy it at a surplus super-store, but then again, hmmm.... I'm tempted to write to the manufacturer to see what they will say about it. I may want to leave out the details of the surplus store though :-)
It's probably a good thing we hired a guy to perform the installation because I had mentioned how heavy the sink is and the guy didn't really believe me until he had to pick it up out of the box. And he's a big dude too!
Well, the caulking needs to set and I've convince Bobby that I can't cook tonight. Plus, it's too late to go out and get groceries! The sun is finally out after a few long gloomy days so I think we may hang out by the river tonight ;-)

No comments: