Monday, March 30, 2009

The week off

The week off started out by visiting a good friend, Ceci - who just came back from Norway for the winter. I was really glad that she had returned to Orlando because I wasn't sure what I would have done or where I would have stayed during my week off. We played a couple rounds of golf and I was able to earn myself a Haagen Dazs milkshake one day and strawberry shortcake for dessert the next. YUM! No wonder I'm putting on weight in the wrong areas!
Then, it was off to New Jersey for the weekend. It was Bob's mom's birthday. I was really struggling to figure out what to get for her birthday. So I was extremely happy when she really liked her new jewelry box!
The flight back to Orlando from Newark, on the other hand... not so happy. The flight was scheduled to leave at 6:10pm. We left the gate and proceeded to just wait on the tarmac for another 2 hours! But I guess I shouldn't complain because Bob's flight was delayed for a lot longer than mine! He did get to watch Tiger win yet another tournament on TV though!
Now it's back to business. Playing in Daytona this week. Although, hmm... I guess not quite all down to business yet. My housing host took me to an old theater tonight to watch a movie. The Athens Theater was built in 1922 and they play classic movies, independent films and occasionally foreign films as well. My housing host mentioned that it was going to be a Russian movie tonight, but it's actually a movie that's based in Russia. It did start out with people speaking Russian and with subtitles too, but then everyone started speaking English after that! Anyhow, I thought it was a pretty good movie. It was called Transsiberian.
And oh! Did I mention that I'm trying to grow another tomato plant! Yes... little Elvis is finally sprouting! I put a couple tomato seeds into a little pot and then into a cup, so I can put it in my cup holder. And 2 weeks later, whaddaya know! It's sprouting! I'll probably put it into the big pot when I get back into Tulsa. Bob mentioned that the seedling at home is sprouting too. I didn't think it was going to which is why I started out on this new quest. And so far, it's been a messy one. I had to go digging for Elvis in my car today. Thankfully after replanting from the mishap, I was able to find a carwash where the guy let me us their vacuum for free! :-)

No comments: