Saturday, March 21, 2009

Made the first cut of the season!

Yay! Yay me! And I made a birdie putt on the last hole to make the cut on the dot! It was one of those Tiger moments, when the golf ball was just sort of leaning over the hole, but thankfully the wind and grain was able to give that ball one more little nudge! Bob said that I made a $500 putt, which is absolutely true! Hopefully someday, it would be a $500,000 putt instead! :-)
I hope our volunteer cart driver is feeling better. He started throwing up by a tree on the 4th hole and unfortunately, all of us girls saw him doing it. He was persistent about continuing on, but finally on the 11th hole, he was replaced by another volunteer. I shook his hand to thank him for helping us out that far. The other two girls were afraid to make any contact with him. Hmm... it made me think twice after. Oh well...
In other news... a bee landed on my wrist band and was crawling on my arm while I was on the 18th fairway. Come to think of it now, I'm glad it didn't sting me. Maybe I wouldn't have been able to make my birdie putt then! Plus, I was already stung by one last season in New Hampshire, when I sat on a bee at the scoring tent. Talk about ouch!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Cindy! Congrats on making the cut-we'll be rooting for you tomorrow!
Best of luck - your NH groupies

S and T said...

CLP!!!!