Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 3 at the new house

Ok... this is almost like that joke... where the guy is so excited about snow when he moved to a new state. He was delighted as to how pretty is was, but then by the middle of it, he was quite angry about having to shovel his driveway all the time or getting sued, and having his roof collapse on him. And then, by the end of it, his wife decided to leave him because he was going crazy and he decided to burn down his house! Ok... Thankfully, I'm not that deep into it yet. I still at that first part where I'm thinking how nice our house is :-)
So all the carpet and carpet pads are finally out and as you can see - it is all piled up on both sides of the front porch. Hopefully the home owners association won't come knocking on our door anytime soon. We found out yesterday that we saved $180 by removing (and eventually disposing) the carpet on our own. Somehow it feels like with all that work put in, it should be a lot more! Nonetheless, it's probably still a really good steak dinner at Fleming's :-) *hint*hint*
More painting today. It took 1/2 gallon of paint and over 4 1/2 hours to paint one closet! And only to find out later from Bobby that I had missed a spot! :-P And oh, did I mention that I haven't even had a chance to paint the trims yet??? It's going to be another long day! By the way, did I also mention how much I HATE TEXTURED walls?!?!?

No comments: