Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Welcome to Hammond, IN!

Nothing like the smell of oil refineries early in the morning. Thankfully we are only here for a few more days. The golf course - Lost Marsh Golf Club is located next to a large BP refinery. And oh, did I mention that the golf course is also built on a landfill? A new club house is also in the works, but unfortunately you can still see the foundation of the building! The current club house is a trailer in the parking lot. :-s

Looks like rain, rain, and more rain this week. I was soaked this morning during practice as my rain gear did not work as well as I hoped.

While we're on the smell topic, I forgot to mention the smell of soy in Decatur, IL. It almost smells like burnt milk. But of course, to ADM... it's the smell of MONEY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.