Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thumb report - Week 1

1 week after slamming my car door on my right thumb,... it still looks rather nasty! My thumb is just slightly swollen now and thankfully it doesn't hurt as much anymore. Dad told me last week to peel a hard-boiled egg and roll the egg on my thumb, but I didn't listen. It's suppose to help with the swelling. An urban myth perhaps?
As you can see, the blood clot is under almost half the nail. I was told yesterday by a friend that it will take months for the nail to heal. MONTHS!!! :-s

1 comment:

S and T said...

Ouch!!!!! /comfort

I bashed my finger with a hammer last summer and it took all winter before it grew out.

I also just dislocated the tip of my pointer finger (Wed night) so we can keep track of how long it takes for full movement of each of our hands =) =)