Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday ... to ME! :-)

When the alarm rang this morning at 5:15am, all I could think was... "Please! Let me snooze for 10 more minutes!!". And then when I finally did get up to brush my teeth, only then did I realize that it was my birthday today. It sure seemed just like another day at "work".

I got dressed and went downstairs to make breakfast. My housing host greeted me with a birthday wish and also a present! She said the bracelet was "so me" and she was right :-)

When I got to the golf course, a handful of my golfing friends wished me happy birthday including Christine that shouted it across the practice putting green. So by then, I think everyone knew it was my special day. Unfortunately, nothing too special about my golf today though. Although I suppose a score of 4-over 74 is pretty decent for only hitting 5 fairways and 5 greens in regulation. The birdie on the last hole did make my day. I hit my 89-yard approach shot to within 2 ft, with the gallery watching in the grandstand. I made my birdie putt and got to do my little wave, just like the way the girls do it on TV. Ha ha!

When I returned home at the end of the day, I received a Fedex package from my dearest hubby. Overnighted... was my birthday card and my favorite dark chocolate. Where are the flowers??? Just kidding, honey ;-)

All in all, it was a good day. I'm blessed with a loving husband, a supportive family, and wonderful friends. Life... is good.

No comments: