Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back online!

I haven't had a chance to update my blog recently, as my housing host last week in Cincinnati, OH blocks blog websites. It's great that they are protecting their young daughters (Jen & Jackie) at home from the crazy people out there in cyberspace!

I got up at 5am for my saturday early tee-time last week. Guess I was still half asleep when I slammed my thumb in my car door. I decided to stop over by the Waffle House not too far from the golf course this morning. As I'm trying to figure out if the restaurant is open, I step out of the car and slam the door - except I forgot about my thumb! YYYEEEEAAAAAOUUCCCHHH...! I looked at my thumb and it had turned blue-black instantly. Needless to say, I stuck my thumb in a glass of ice as I waited for my breakfast.

Thankfully, the round wasn't too bad with the sore thumb. I made some great putts to save par several times today, but continued to wonder hole after hole how I was going to straighten out my driver. On the 7th hole (my 16th) I put my approach shot in the bunker. As I was raking the bunker after my shot, I accidently caught my thumb in the pocket of my shorts and OUUUUUUIIIII...! Now, that really hurt! I actually had to stop raking to take a few deep breaths.

My housing from Lima, OH from 2 years ago came out to watch me play on Sat. Janice was "thanking" me when her alarm rang at 5am this morning. After showing them my thumb, Charlie suggested that in order to release the pressure in my thumb, he would - if he had one - put a little drill bit in the nail... NOT! We stopped by the EMT parked in the parking lot on the way out and they couldn't help me, but the driver kept nodding his head in agreement when I told him about the drill bit theory. :-p

Just drove into Hammond, IN tonight from Angola, IN. A bunch of the FUTURES Tour pros played in a fund raising pro-am organized by the Junior Achievement program. Ended up coming in 3rd with my rowdy amateur players! We parred a Par 5... what a big NO NO in a pro-am!

Staying in a Red Roof Inn in the next state over in Lansing, IL. The internet here keeps dropping and it's driving me crazy! Can you imagine that just a few years ago we were using dial-up?!!?

Last Thursday was mom's one year anniversary. It still feels so surreal at times as I feel as if she is still around. We talked about how she would travel with me on the road so it still hits me at times especially during those long lonely drives. Nonetheless, I know she would want me to keep playing. She always told me that golf is not an 8-to-5 job rather a 5-to-8 job! I've yet to wake up at 5am every morning though :-)

No comments: