Sunday, March 3, 2024

Recent happenings

We had a 4-day weekend during the 3rd week of February, so we decided to do some rock climbing with friends:
And then, somehow from timing the friends on how quickly they get to the top, to just playing on the phones? Hmm... how did that happen??
Last week, we decided to finally check out this new donut place.  It's made-to-order, so here goes the donut batter into the oil:
And then, the donut gets "decorated" with whatever you have ordered at the counter:
Oh boy, this looks pretty good!!
YUMMM!!! I thought the powdered one with jelly was the best:
Everything was so good that we ordered 2 more. LOL!!
After donuts, we ventured into the kitchen store next door. OMG, I could have bought so many more bowl for the house: 
What is my obsession with bowls - I still don't understand it!  The bowls were all so pretty but thankfully I was able to hold back. :-P

On the way back to the car, look! A cat mural!! OMG, I may have to draw on of these on the walls at home.  They are too cute! :-D
A separate visit to the donut shop last week.  Shhhh, don't tell Graham and Charlie!
OMG, these are like the "tumble weed" of Illinois! (Wait, I think this is my 4th OMG - Ha ha!)
Basically a very dried up hydrangea. And when the wind blows, sometimes they get broken off the stem and just end up everywhere like tumble weed in Arizona. Ha ha!!
And what is up with this couch!  Or is it Bobby?!
I really should send this photo to the designers that endorse the furniture store that we bought this couch from.  We just can't seem to keep those cushions on the couch!  Okay, yeah - it's really not Bobby.  We've had this same issue with the pillows falling over since Day 1.  Sheesh!

And look what a great card Charlie drew for his friend for his birthday.  It's so adorable!
What the duck?!  LOL!!

And O. M. G., thank you Grandma for sending all this pork roll our way!!
Grandma actually send the first batch last year while I was away in Malaysia.  And none of the boys saved any for me!  So thank you lots again to Grandma for sending Batch #2! I keep telling Bobby that pork roll taste like Spam but he totally gets offended by that.  Ha! 

Speaking of Bobby, so happy that he will be starting his new job in a couple of weeks. YAY Daddy!! It's been a long time coming and I'm ready to have the entire house to myself again. LOL!! 🤪 

No comments: