Sunday, March 3, 2024

Recent addition to the basement

Yeah... as if there isn't enough stuff in the basement, I decided to get one more piece of furniture.  And it's a BIG one!

And it swivels!  And can also hold up a max weight of 500lbs - which means Bobby, me, and one of the kids can all snuggle on it.  I'm hoping the boys will want to snuggle with us, until FOREVER!

So, the chair was so big that we needed to rent a truck:

Thankfully, I was able to bring the price down a bit on the chair so we were able to cover part of the $65 rental fee. The pick-up spot was also almost an hour away.  Ya, I don't make things easy for us.  Ha ha!  But I told Bobby, how else are we going to see the other suburbs? ;-)

Okay, the chair is still in the back of the truck during the ride. We didn't have any rope to tie it down. Thankfully, it was heavy enough to hold itself down during the entire trip back:

Spraying it down with some anti-dust/bedbug stuff in the garage before bringing it into the house:
So comfy!!! I love it and so glad Bobby loves it too!
And here's another recent purchase (and thankfully a lot smaller!).  I had some time to kill and somehow ended up in an antique store. Yeah, somehow I just did :-D

I feel like I must have been born in the wrong decade, because I love these antique oil lamps.  They have turned this one into a light:
It gives out such a nice ambience in the basement:
I told Graham to bring something down into the basement the other night and he was scared and asked me to accompany him.  Well, I told him that I had bought a new light for the basement and so he proceeded to go downstairs all by himself.  Yay!  And nevermind that, I also heard him yell back upstairs, "I love it!".  Awww, just makes me feel so good that they love my purchases too :-) XOX

Okay, this should be it with furniture.  Oh, I did pick up another bookcase/cabinet for upstairs a weeks ago.  The one I have behind my chair that I'm currently sitting on is really wobbly. It was beat up quite a bit by the movers. Anyhow, I hope to get those swapped out soon and I'll actually move the wobbly one downstairs into the basement.  I know Bobby said that one furniture in means one furniture out, but I think we can still use it. Yeah, trying to keep the clutter organized.  Ha!

No comments: