Thursday, March 2, 2023

New door paint

Back in September, I had actually painted the back door/upstairs.  I thought I had posted about it, but couldn't find the blog post when a friend of mine had asked me what color I was going to paint the front door.  Well, here was the original color:
And we liked blue so much for our door back in California, we decided to continue on with that trend here in Illinois.  So, "Shipwreck" is what we went with.  Yup, that's the name of this color:
Well, I guess you are entering a "ship wreck" the minute you walk through that door.  This house still needs so much organizing.  Ha ha!

And since it was over 50F yesterday, I figured it was a great day to finally paint the front door:
The door is definitely needing some TLC from all the outdoor weather:
I wasn't exactly sure what color I wanted to paint the other parts of the door, but I saw some photos and really liked the black and blue contrast.  So, here is "Limousine Leather" black.  Who on earth comes up with all these names?!
I think it's already looking pretty good?!  I didn't get a chance to paint the door yesterday so it ended up on my to-do for today. I had to deal with some cooler weather though - mid 40s and gloomy but feeling so much colder! Even my little heater wasn't helping too much. But after already sanding the door down a bit, I had to get the paint on before the storm comes in tomorrow!

Going to need multiple coats for sure. The brown is still showing through after 1 coat of paint:
First coat is one... not too bad??
So much prepping with the blue tape, but definitely saved me some time in the end:
There's my little heater to the left, on the floor. Ha!
Ta da!!!  Not bad?
Maybe I need to stain that wood on the ceiling where that light fixture is. Actually, I have a new light fixture to replace this one.  That box has been sitting in the foyer for a few months now too.  Ha! Yes, I am quite the procrastinator these days :-P

Bobby is not totally convinced though with this color contrast.  He is going to have to fall in love with it eventually because I'm not repainting!
I do also have those planters spray-painted in black. I'm hoping to get some trailing white flowers in those pots once the weather is nice. Hopefully that will tone down all the black that I have going on right now.  That's the plan for now!

I'm also hoping to get some color INSIDE the house  I thinking of one of these reds?!
Yeeeaaahhh,... might need a family vote on this one.  But I really love the combination of colors on this rug.  If it works on this rug, it SHOULD work on the interior walls, right??!
I guess there is only one way to find out. Wish me luck!!  ;-)

No comments: