Sunday, March 19, 2023

Misc photos (mid June, 2022)

It seems that I have missed posting a lot of photos between mid June to July of last year.  That's when we were packing in California and making our way to Illinois for our move. So here are some of those adventures and yes, always an adventure when driving around Rancho Palos Verdes.  Horse crossing!
We decided to go hang out in Manhattan Beach for a bit:
I can't remember the name of this art installation now - but twice a year, the sun will line up right in the middle of this structure.  Very cool!
I think this was the main reason we came out this way, for Cheesecake Factory!
It was super busy the last time we were here and we couldn't get a table. And so we promised Charlie we would be back. And of course, it's always for the cheesecake, isn't it?  And a lot of it!!
Look how HUGE these slices of cheesecakes are!
Everyone is definitely happy!
But where is Mommy's piece of cheesecake?? Ha ha! Well, I get to taste everyone else's.  Plus, no one really needs THAT many calories all by themselves!!
Are you kidding me?!  Stopped again for another horse crossing, on the same day??!
Woohoo!! Bobby got me a Cale Makar t-shirt for my birthday!
I don't know Cale personally, but I do know his dad - so then, I guess that counts, right? And now I can say that I know an NHL player that also won the Stanley Cup!
Totally jumped on the bandwagon with supporting the Colorado Avalanche.  And did I also mention that Cale was also awarded as the Best Defenseman for 2022 and playoff MVP? Woot woot! Someday, I'm going to meet him in person. Ha ha!

Okay, back to more eating. I can't remember the name of this restaurant now, but they had the biggest Apple Dutch Pancake. O M G!!
Ha ha, these boys are too funny!
We didn't realize how huge this pancake was going to be.  Otherwise we wouldn't have ordered the other entrees!
What better than to burn off all that sugar by playing at a friend's pool after brunch.  Charlie is definitely burning extra calories trying to get on this huge inflatable turtle pool floatie!
He's not giving up quite yet!
Ahhhh, Charlie is a happy camper now.  Ha ha!
And then, tennis too?! :-D
At the end of the lesson, the coach plays "tag" using tennis balls with the kids.  Too cute!
So many great memories with great friends! 🤍

No comments: