Saturday, April 9, 2022

4-day Production in Orange (March 17~20)

Both Graham and Charlie were cast to be in a production middle of last month.  The entire thing was basically a thesis for the graduate students studying at Chapman University.  Who knew that the university has one of the top Film schools in the country!

Boys recently bought their own To-Go mugs.  Instead of coffee, they have "milo" which is like a hot chocolate malt that I grew up drinking in Malaysia.  These boys are too funny!

The crew have already been filming for the last week or so if I'm not mistaken.  Boys were cast as twins and today, we'll be filming in a park.  I'm just glad it's not too hot!
But first, time to put in those 3 hours of required school time while on set!
Lunch time!  And I've come to find out that lunch is not always around "lunch time".  Lunch time is most likely 6 hours from Call Time.  So, if your Call Time is 8am - that means your lunch won't be until 2pm!!
Graham's long hair is driving me crazy!  If only he would tie it up properly:
The snacks provided are full of sugar this week.  Noooo...!!! But obviously someone is super happy.  Ha!
Background actors or just being themselves??!! Hmmm....
And I had to take photos of their clothes so I can remember which set they are wearing:
The boys are involved in a few scenes and so depending on which scenes, they have to wear the same clothes:
Throughout these 4 days, the boys had 3 sets of clothes:
I'm just glad they didn't sweat too much in it as we were going to stay in a hotel for Friday and Saturday night:
And so glad they didn't have to wear the same pair of socks because I didn't have many of the same ones!!

Back in the car again... we are driving home on Thursday but Daddy is joining us for the rest of the trip.  Charlie is busy looking spunky with my sunglasses on Friday morning:
Another late lunch!  But not too shabby - garlic noodles for today.  Just glad I don't have to wear my mask too much while outdoors. Garlic breathe does not do so well underneath that mask. Ha ha!!
We check into the hotel and I guess Bobby forgot to check the photos prior to booking.  He does not like those rooms that are exposed to the atrium of the hotel.  And I think we were on the top most floor too.  Oops!
And come to realize, we are super close to our favorite restaurant!  We are being spoiled tonight for sure:
The room comes with a King size bed and then the sofa bed in the front room.  Bobby tucks the boys in the sofa bed but within minutes, it was... "This bed is so lumpy and so uncomfortable!"
So looks like boys are in the nice comfy King size bed and Daddy is in the lumpy sofa bed.  Ha ha!  And oh, it's going to be a "Momma sandwich" once I get into bed with the boys!
I forgot to bring my contact lens case with me so these paper cups will have to do for tonight.  I crumpled the top of one so I could figure out which one is Left lens and which one is Right lens.
So glad these paper cups held up because it was getting slightly leaky by morning!!  

Day 1 & 2 were at a playground and looks like Day 3 is going to be in a school bus?  A big one too!
So much fun for the boys today!
I have no idea how Graham got a hold of whatever he is holding...??!
Charlie is being cheeky as ever!
Of course we have to take photos while at the wheel:
Graham and Charlie are obviously having too much fun, even as background extras on set!
We get a chance to walk through campus to another location to shoot:
Graham told me that this was a piece of the Berlin wall??
Somehow, while waiting for Daddy to bring back smoothies - the boys and I got roped into being extras for another scene.  It wouldn't have been too bad but it started to get cold.  Thankfully we didn't have to stay for much too long once Daddy came back.  And he ended up in the background scene too!
Campus library in the background.  This place is quite fancy!
All done for Day 3!  Cool mural on the way back to the hotel:
Another night where my contact lens are in cups, but this time I managed to get some plastic ones from the hotel bar.  And I put a towel over it just so no one messes with it :-P
I definitely went through a whole lot more contact lens solution than I needed to these past 2 nights!!
Day 4 - Final day of production!
We find the EV charging station in this garage which is great.  It's almost up to $6/gal now!

So clever with using the steps to tell you where to go:
I think this is the main part of the campus.  Oh wait, another flag pole (the the right side of photo), similarly to the UCLA campus. Must be the main area of campus then!!
Final day will all be indoors, in a classroom.  While waiting for the crew to finish setting up, the boys are finally so happy to get internet connection.  It's a Sunday which means no schooling today... which means just playing computer games!
This waffle and chicken place across the street seems really popular!  We'll have to check it out later today before we leave town:
There are so many more photos taken during our time here in Orange, but unfortunately I can't post any of them.  Or at least not until the short film comes out.  The boys were not paid for these 4 days but they will get credit for it and obviously had plenty to learn since they were both up-close and personal with everyone this week.  What a fun experience for them and me and Bobby too!!

Feeling tired but we are ready for our waffle dessert!!
Looks like Graham is not sharing:
I can't remember what I ordered - strawberry something.  I just remember it being super yummy!!
And the yogurt was sooooooo creamy and smooth:
We'll have to come back for the chicken and waffles next time.  The crew should be calling us back when the film is all ready to be viewed. Maybe there will be a viewing party?? How fun will that be!  Most of the cast were kids and all of them gelled so well these past 4 days.  It would be so fun to see everyone again and of course watch everything that was filmed.  Will keep you all posted! Should be out by May or so :-)


No comments: