Friday, March 4, 2022

Natural History Museum and USC

It was the last few days for the Gems viewing so of course I had to drag the boys to the National History Museum :-)

Graham and Charlie never miss having to lift this truck every time we are near the NHM/Science Museum:

I was obviously too lazy to go over there to take a photo as the boys have done that so many times now.  And I obviously missed them pulling up on the car by the time I took this photo.  Ha!

Looks like there have some new animals on exhibit.  Graham is playing "What's the animal looking at?":
Of course, Charlie had to join in on it too:
The Dinosaur hall still amazes me:
I still can't believe these dinosaurs roamed the Earth once:
I mean, c'mon... seriously??!
Okay, time to get to the Gems Vault:
Graham is trying to find the stone that's the same as the one he is wearing:
Good luck at a place this massive with this many rocks and gems!!
Only a limited number of people are allowed in this vault at one time.  I looked up the name F.C. Hixon and didn't find anything on it.  It's soooooo strange!  I mean, you can find almost anything and everything on the internet!!
The gems in this vault are BEAUTIFUL...!!!
So amazing and pretty! Definitely one-of-a-kind:
And so SUPER HUGE!!! This gem almost looks like it's bigger than Charlie's nose!
I think these earrings were my favorite:
And ok, this "green" diamond (to the left) is also my favorite.  And okay, the ring to the right - I wouldn't mind it either :-D
Looks like I need to up my game on a new ruby ring next time ;-P
Bobby did say I can claim a new ring every time we sell a house.  He he...!!

Okay, well - that was that.  I'll just have to keep dreaming.  Off to the rotating display room next door.  I really love looking at these enlarged photographs of insects:
I mean, look at those details:
Especially when the insect is so so so tiny!  You can barely see it on that pin (in the bubble to the left):
This one is so furry.  Ha ha!
Hug time!!!
Looks like it's time to move on to the gift shop and then lunch.  That would be a "no" to the Giant Gummy bear for lunch:
How is it that we always let the boys buy something from the gift shop? We definitely spoil them:
Graham wants to check out these microscopes in another room before we leave:
Somehow, on the way to the restrooms - we find the exhibit for Jane Goodall.  So much for Daddy wanting to go home like right now!
The exhibit was pretty cool.  They even had a hologram of her!

And speaking of going home right now, we decided to head over to USC (University of Southern California) across the street.  Graham really wanted to get that "roti" we got last time when we were out this way after his x-ray.  Hi to Felix the Cat!
Some cool art of the building:
I think everyone is happy now... except Daddy who is more than ready to get home:
Daddy needs to be more chill like he is at the Seychelles.  It's only 3:45pm! 
On the way out after finishing up some "roti", I spotted a restaurant selling Spam Musubi.  Yummm... and of course, it would take them a few minutes to make it.  And so since we had to wait anyway, I decided to order some noodles to bring home for dinner too:
This Spam Musubi did not disappoint!  We may have to go back there again soon or I suppose we could just make it at home.  But doesn't something always taste better when someone else makes it??!  Maybe Bobby can learn to make it for me and Charlie??!  :-D

No comments: