Saturday, March 5, 2022

First ever Mammogram

It's taken me this long to finally get a mammogram scheduled.  With all the changes in insurance (due to Bobby's various job changes) and mostly to my procrastination - I finally chatted with a new doctor a few weeks ago and got a few doctors lined up to update my medical records.  So first one up just happened to be the mammogram.

And, no... no photos from the procedure obviously.  But there is a photo of my eye that's a bit swollen and has a little bump on the bottom eyelid.  

All because when I turned the faucet on yesterday in the boys' bathroom, the change of water/air pressure caused water to burst out of the faucet and splash straight into my face.  I didn't think too much about it until the next morning when my eye felt funny.  Looks like it was dirty yucky water from the faucet!  That's what I get for fixing their leaky valve??!

Well, the procedure was a bit awkward to say the least.  But so glad the nurse was very nice.  I did reward myself with a banh mi (Vietnamese sandwich) after.  I normally go with the pork, but this time I decided on the Spam and egg.  How cute are these little stamps the restaurant uses to label their sandwiches:

Extra carrot and daikon pickles.  Super YUM!!!

Not sure when the results will come back.  Just have to wait and see.  But hopefully I won't have to go through that screening process again anytime soon.  It's tough when the machine squeezes what very little of breasts that you have.  LOL!!!

No comments: