Monday, March 7, 2022

Another day, another project!

I think the boys are just testing my ability of fixing stuff around this house.  Look what Graham and Charlie did to my box planter yesterday:

To be fair, it was already quite rickety.  But then again, neither one of them told me about them destroying it.  Glad no one got hurt with those nails sticking out.  The boys also broke a few more twigs of that poor plant.  Perhaps I didn't place it strategically.  Boys, I tell you!  

And oh, here's the door and missing mesh for the door to our water heater outside.  How on earth am I going to fix this??!
Do you see all that ding and damage from balls being kicked and thrown into that door? Oh boy!  And then, there's this mesh which I had previously fixed. But that's on my to-fix today:
Thank goodness my drill still works.  I can't find my battery charger!... among some other things.  Ha ha!
Here's the new mesh!!  It was tricky having to make a little space for those telephone wires too.  And I don't think we even use them anymore. I wanted to get a LAN line into the house and the telephone company told me I can't do that anyway.  Boohoo!!
Looks so much better already, although it was really difficult to put it through this opening.  So glad I had this massive pair of scissors!
I was almost going to have Bobby crawl under the house to help me from under the crawl space/the other side of this mesh.  He was probably happy that I didn't make him do it :-P

Anyway, I'm just glad I was able to use the same screws.  It was definitely a workout putting those in because it kept sliding off the metal.  I later found out that I could actually hammer it in first through the metal and then screw it in with the drill.  Learn something new every day! :-)
This new mesh came with a cover but looks like it's not going to fit!  Now what??!
Well, I'll worry about that later although.  In the meantime, here's some spray foam to close up all the gaps.  I don't need any mice in our crawl space!
This is it for now!
Charlie was so persistent about using this wall to play ball when he got home from school today.  And I kept telling him no because it's taken me so much effort to get to this point!  One hit and this whole new mesh could get unraveled again.  He can wait another day or so until I figure out some sort of cover for this since that plastic one didn't work.  He was so upset to a point that he was crying.  Really??!  And I get no credit for fixing this??  Kids, I tell you!

In the end, Charlie ended up playing badminton with Graham on the grass.  See...!  This may buy me a few more days to think about how to cover this up.  Ha!

No comments: