Monday, February 3, 2020

Pruning

I have been busy pruning.  Before:
Don't laugh... after!
Before:
After!
Okay, I admit - I am a bit aggressive when it comes to pruning.  But it's just so messy and I can see some new leafs coming up.  So perhaps a bit confident it will survive the pruning?!
There was also some yucky stuff growing on the leaves:
Lots of oranges for sure!  I gave SOOOOO many away and now we are just down to the little bitty ones:
And hopefully this will take care of whoever that is making a mess with all the peeled and half-eaten oranges in this corner of the yard!
And just today, instead of having to prune the grape vines, we have decided to give them away.  I posted it on a local neighborhood App and someone replied and sent her gardener over to the house! I'm so glad I didn't have to dig them up either.  And look how nice and clean the wall/backyard looks now!
Debating whether to take the pergola down.  As you can see, it seems a bit slanted.  I did give it a good nudge and it still seems to be pretty sturdy.  So maybe just a good coat of stain?  And now that the grapes vines are gone, the orange trees can be moved back towards the wall to give the boys a bit more room in the yard. That's the plan at least... for now :-)

The baseball practice net is down because today was SUPER windy! I took a video today of our windy whirly thing to show how fast the wind was but my phone camera can only capture so many frames a second:
Suppose to be colder tomorrow.  It was 49F this morning.  Brrrr...!!! Hopefully it won't be as windy!

No comments: