Saturday, February 8, 2020

Fun Run (Jan 30)

Graham and Charlie had their Fun Run at school a couple of weeks ago.  I had my shift during the Fun Run, hence the green apron :-)
I also had my compression socks that I normally wear for golf.  I'm telling you, being at school is a work out! Ha ha!  I also put on my new sweater, which Bobby called the Grandma/lady-with-lots-of-cats sweater. Ha!  Well, as long as it keeps me warm.  Plus, it was super cheap! :-)

Here's a video of Charlie running around the field - in slow motion.  Bobby had taken it on his phone and unfortunately, the video is a bit grainy:
Graham's turn came not long after 1st and 2nd Grade finished.  Charlie's teacher let me off my duties early so I could see Graham run.  How nice of her!  Actually, kids were being checked out to leave after the Fun Run.  What??!  I mean there was still a good 2-3 hours of good learning after.  Hmmm... that would definitely not happen in Asia, I don't think!

Good form for Graham!
And he would "fly" around the corner after the tunnel:
Daddy was able to show up to both but unfortunately just a little bit late for Graham's run.  I made them pose by the tunnel.  "Pretend like you are running!":

This year, I can't remember the exact amount that was raised but it was double of what it was last year.  The school hired a company to organize the Fun Run and I personally thought it was a bit aggressive, but I guess you can't really argue too much if the method worked.  Graham and Charlie both made a few phone calls to family members for some pledges.  Each pledge (per lap or flat donation) was rewarded with some sort of toy/gift from the company.  So the boys were obviously very excited!  We'll see what happens next year but a big THANK YOU again to our family members that pledged! 

No comments: