Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Crocheting (again)

It's been a long while since I last crocheted.  I did see a crochet class recently in that Last Book Store that the boys and I were in a couple of weekends ago.  The class was about making a grocery bag and I thought how cute!  But for $80 and NOT including supplies, I thought,  "I can do it for less!" And for less without having to drive downtown (and who knows, maybe get towed again) and not having to deal with parking.

Sooooo,  a few trips later to the local supply store and a few looks at some online tutorial...
Suppose to use yarn made out of jute, but couldn't find any. This one seems pretty sturdy but then again, one tear and the bag will probably be deemed useless!  At least it's colorful :-)
The tutorial did a double strap but I decided to just go with one strap.  Not too shabby???

And who knew the leftover yarn would actually be pretty good for fixing up the boys' trampoline net:

Before:
 After:
This was another stretch of netting on the other side of the zipper that also tore.  But now it's fixed! Yay (for now)!!!

In the meantime, Graham has taken into the whole crocheting thing too!  He is almost obsessed at times. Ha ha!  I helped him with some of this but he is obviously missing a few stitches as it is getting narrower at the top.  Not too bad for a beginner so far :-)
In the car:
When we got home:
Too funny!  He is so proud with what he made:
Looks like I need to work on my phone/camera skills!

Well, onward to another type of yarn.  Maybe this one will not be as stretchy:
So far so good!
This one will be for a birthday gift for my sister.  I better get it done soon as her birthday is at the end of the month! :-)  Although crocheting for too long gives me a terrible ache in my neck and shoulder and right elbow.  Sheeesh!

No comments: