Saturday, October 26, 2019

Recent updates

So remember the portrait that Charlie drew of me?  It's this one below:
Well, now I think I know where he gets the crazy hair from.  The resemblance is uncanny! LOL!!!
Charlie is continuing to draw some more.  We are thinking we might submit something into IKEA for their soft-toy drawing competition:
Last week, we were at the local Farmer's Market and this lady was selling a cookie that you can draw on.  How neat!!!  The colors are obtained from wetting your brush onto M&M-like candies:
Ta da!!! Graham drew a happy smiley sun and obviously it was a yummy one too.  The photo is bit blurry... my bad!
And I think we finally found the right school bag for Graham.  I think this was attempt #4??!  His old school bag was too small for his big binder.  Our (adult) travel backpack was too heavy and bulky.  And then, I bought a baseball backpack which I thought had wheels but nope, that didn't work either.  So finally I found the perfect one with wheels at the Staples store.  It's an executive rolling bag with a 2-year warranty on wear-and-tear.  Perfect!!!
The new bag works really well especially when Graham has to carry his violin too and his additional music binder!!! 
And speaking of bags, I finally finished up my Community Emergency Response Training and I too now have a new bag.  At least I am somewhat prepared now for an emergency with my helmet, gloves, vest, and goggles included:
In the meantime, the boys and I went dumpster diving recently during Graham's eye exam/appointment.  The chair looked like it had some good bones!
We'll see when I will actually get to re-upholster it.  One more home project.  It only took Bobby about a week to discover the chair at the back of the house.  He he... :-P
I found the cutest saying recently - "i need vitamin sea".  I didn't buy it but I could probably steal the phrase and put it somewhere in the house :-)

No comments: