Monday, October 7, 2019

New garage door color

After contemplating for months on whether to paint the garage door and then on the color to use, I finally decided to go for it!  So here is the before, and was actually thinking of a lighter blue on the garage (see corner left of garage):
But then, I decided to not have too many colors on the house and went with the same darker blue as the front door.  No turning back now!
A few hours later...
It gets too hot in the front during the day so I take a break at this point and contemplate on how it looks.  Funny enough, Bobby didn't even notice the incomplete/new garage door color when he came home from work!

The next day, I decided to also take off the panels on the window.  I heard it's suppose to make it look for modern. Ha!
Hmm.... I'm not sure about the modern-looking thing.  But I think I do need to get some spray to make the glass frosted.  I can really feel the sun coming into the garage:
Hopefully not too blue??!  I hung a wreath with pumpkins for a "pop of color" as the people on TV would say :-)
Tada!!!
Now Bobby and I are saying that the trim and the door/garage color are not really going well together.  The trim is suppose to look so much darker on paper but somehow more grey once painted on the walls.  So weird!
I really don't want to introduce a 4th color!  But seriously, is there really a rule for this?!  Will definitely sleep on this for a little while longer.  In the meantime, I do need to touch up in between the garage door slats.  The slight white in between is not looking so good but I think I'm the only one that can see it right now :-P

More home projects to come!

No comments: