Saturday, December 1, 2018

Going to a mall in Costa Mesa

I had to drive out to Costa Mesa to get a ring appraised - well, sort of.  Can't believe I have to pay to get the ring appraised from the same chain store that I had bought it from! Anyway, it is Veteran's Day (Nov 11) and the boys don't have school today.  The mall was probably about 45 minutes away, thankfully not too much traffic.  As we pull into the mall area, I spot the restaurant "Seasons 52" which is one of our favorite restaurants in Phoenix!  Who knew they had a location here!!!  Graham, Charlie, and I have already decided to grab lunch here later.  Ha ha!  But first, the mall.  Of course, I parked on the complete opposite of the mall so we have to walk through almost the entire mall to get to the jewelry store.

The boys are obviously enjoying it as the mall is already entirely decorated for Christmas! But it's not even Thanksgiving yet :-/
This mall is SUPER fancy!!!  WOOOOAAAHHH...!!!
Well, I guess I should have known just by looking at all the names of the fancy and pricey brand-named stores. But these decorations are amazing!
The previous photo was of Charlie looking at the decor coming down on an escalator.  Here is a better view of the scale of this thing!
And the Christmas tree at the next block is incredible.  Incredibly BIG!!!
HA HA!  I laugh each time I see that photo :-)  And in this next photo, Graham and Charlie are pretending that the ornaments (or perhaps even the tree since it is so big) is falling on them:
I mean, this tree is MASSIVE!
And the glass pane above it is SPECTACULAR!
Alright, maybe enough on the exclamation marks and CAPITAL LETTERS but obviously this mall is really impressing me!  Although perhaps a good mall to just go window-shopping in :-D
Well, after not getting much done except getting my ring cleaned, we are off to lunch at Season's 52.  It was actually quite a nice date-lunch with both boys and the food did not disappoint.  Yummy crab-cake sandwich!  And we love the desserts here too.  It comes in these little shot glasses - small but just perfect!
And the restaurant is taking reservations for Thanksgiving.  YAY!!! Momma doesn't have to cook on Thanksgiving day :-)  And Graham and Charlie gets the entire week off so we are off to Legoland to celebrate Charlie's birthday.  A bit late of a birthday present (Charlie's birthday is July 31) but better late than never!

So, more blog updates to come and still making up for November's news. Phew!

No comments: