Friday, October 19, 2018

"Sold" in Phoenix

Well, after being on the market for just a week or so, we actually accepted 2 offers on our house in Gilbert.  And with further negotiations, I think we picked the right one as the sale process went very smoothly! Kudos to our realtor/friend as well!!!
4 1/2 years later, we finally decided to close on the sale of the house this past Monday (Oct 15).  It was definitely bitter sweet!  Definitely not going to miss the scorpions though. Gosh... so many during our last few visits!!!  We would normally find one in our shower stall in the master bathroom.  But a couple of months ago, the painters actually found one in the boys' bedroom! YIKES!!!  And I was actually in the room moving furniture around and Graham was actually on the mattress on the floor. So glad no one got stung. Can you imagine??!  I think we actually squashed one on our bathroom mat.  I noticed it while I was packing/clearning up the house.  Eewww...

I have left ALL the boys to themselves while I drove to Phoenix one last time.  Here is Bobby's to-do/reminder list :-D
The mountains along the drive is so pretty:
Beautiful Arizona sunset as I get into Gilbert:
We hired professional movers this one (no more PODS!) and they decided to show up one day earlier to wrap and box.  Box they did!!!
And wrap too!  They were very efficient:
Day 2 (Saturday) and the movers are back at 8am... and it is raining!
It actually rained all day Friday and most of Saturday.  No wonder the scorpions are out!
Okay, here goes...!
A few hours later, it's lunch break.  Clouds are so low over the mountains:
Almost done!
It finally stopped raining:
Movers are done! House is definitely feeling empty now:
Except for all this stuff that I need to pack into the car.  How is it that there's still so much stuff??!!
But first, it's my last night in this house.  Thankfully I remembered to put the air mattress aside.  Those air mattresses have come a long way.  It was actually really comfortable and I didn't want to get up the next morning!  Obviously so tired and so sad:
But... it's time to move on.  Thankfully I still have that car-packing skill handy from back in my golf touring days :-)  And Bobby's grandma's silver (brown wooden box) takes another trip back to Cali.  Ha ha!
The movers can't take care plants so I had to drag this SUPER heavy fleur-de-lis planter into the car.  I took one of the boy's entire seat out so that helped in having some more storage space in the minivan.  I LOVE the minivan :-)
The movers backed into this shrub and of course, now I have to clean that up before leaving as well.  Oh well:
I make a quick detour via Tempe to see Karsten Golf Course - to visit some friends, but it is closed for overseeding! Ahhh... old stomping grounds across the street from the golf course:
Unfortunately the golf course has been sold and will be demolished.  The ASU golf team will officially start practicing at Papago Golf Club starting in Nov. So sad! I really liked Karsten Golf Club as it was really close to campus as well. I have not seen Papago GC since the renovation so perhaps it is better, especially with all the new fancy short-game area that is being created and designed by Phil Mickelson himself!

There are so many new buildings and apartments and garage structures... and yet, it's nice to see that the old flour mill is still here:
I was going to drive down Mill Avenue but it was so busy!  I decided to make a U-turn and found "A" Mountain.  No... no kissing boyfriends up on this mountain.  That would be South Mountain. LOL!  Just kidding ;-P
This bridge is really pretty when it's lit up at night:
Good bye Phoenix!!!
With the 7-hour drive alone, I started going through all the satelite radio stations starting from #1.  And I somehow got stuck on Station #53... Dance and Electric.  It definitely got me through the drive!  Especially when I couldn't get on the HOV lane:
 Here is to our new chapter in SoCal!

No comments: