Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Charlie starts Ball Hockey

Well, another sport to take up our time in the evenings!  We decided to sign up Charlie for Ball (street) Hockey.  It's actually a league that has the same name as the LA Ice Hockey team, so I guess eventually we will take Graham and Charlie to go watch that!  I always wanted a Phoenix Coyotes jersey but looks like it will be the LA Kings first :-)

So here Charlie is... in his Captain America t-shirt - our future pro!  Wait... who wrote that? He he...
The coach actually got really excited when he found out I was a golf professional.  Ha ha!
Charlie seems to really like the sport so I guess we are vested into it now:
The stick and ball were provided but we had to buy shin guards and gloves and also the helmet.  Still having a tough time finding the helmet in the stores so might have to buy one online. It was more expensive online weirdly enough and then of course, I always worry about the fit!  I couldn't even visualize Charlie's shin length in the store, let alone trying to figure how to size his head for a helmet online??!

In the meantime, I have learned to tape up a hockey stick :-)
The team has not had a game yet. Will keep you all posted on his first game and first full-on attire!
"Tap-tap (with hockey sticks)... Go Kings!!!"

And oh, on a side note, while waiting on Charlie, Graham gets to join a Fun-and-Fit class for 45 minutes.  He is definitely getting really strong!  Check out his chin-up!
That's my boy!!! "Proud mama" moment :-D

No comments: