Thursday, October 18, 2018

New house in Rancho Palos Verdes!!!

We did it!  Can't believe Bobby and I are now new homeowners again (as of Wed, Oct 10) .  It will be so nice to finally have that extra space!  And the house comes with a trampoline too - so if anytime Graham and Charlie are driving us crazy, we would just send them outside into the yard. Ha ha!
Here's a better view of the yard.  It's pretty much as far back as you can get from this point, which makes it a decent size I think for our two monkeys (still jumping away in that trampoline!):
Right now there is a tarp above the trampoline which we will probably remove.  I am sure the boys are ready to start during their somersaults and stuff!

Graham and Charlie are so excited about the new house too!
I only got to enter the house for the first time when I returned from Phoenix last Sunday - which in itself is another post (we sold our "Phoenix" house too in the same week!).  This was me returning from Phoenix, pretty pumped up after listening to 6 out of 7 hours of Electric and Dance music on satelite radio.  Ha ha!
The cleaners have come by to clean and wipe the whole house down, including windows and baseboards.  The master bedroom window was so clean I thought that the window was actually open!  And we also paid extra to have the back patio power-washed. Glad I didn't have to do it! :-)
Right now the house is being painted. Glad I didn't have to do that either!  But that particular invoice is definitely hurting the check book.  Oh well... we are sort of crunched on time because the furniture from Phoenix should be arriving later this weekend or early next week.  I think it will be easy to say though that we can't wait to see that green wall gone!
There are so many succulents planted in the garden.  This is just one section of it:
There's more on the other side of the garden and also in the front yard.  And I mean rows and rows of it!  I may have to just put up a sign for the neighborhood "$1 per succulent!"  There are also fruit trees in the back including grape vines - which have not been watered for the past few days. Somehow the water has been shut off in the backyard and I can't figure out how to turn it back on!  Hope these other fruit trees don't die.  We have apple:
Lemons (maybe??!)... although quite weird looking ones!  They are awfully big for lemons:
Figs... I guess I will have to figure out how to eat/cook these:
And a couple of orange trees. I hope the oranges are sweet!
This is probably one of our most exciting moves yet but it will be interesting and probably really time consuming trying to fit all of our furniture from both households into our "shack" :-D

More photos to follow once we are more settled in!

No comments: