Thursday, October 25, 2018

Recent happenings

We are finding all sorts of quirky things in the new house.  Like for example, the previous owners have put tape on this one switch (far right) so no one will turn it on.  I still have not dared to turn it on.  Good thing the electrician is coming soon!
Driving along Rolling Hills Estates and I still find these horse rider crossing buttons amusing :-)
I haven't had to do a microwave lunch in a very VERY long time.  This one looks nothing like the photo on the box!  And I only tasted 2 little pieces of pineapple??!
I am volunteering at school in the garden.  Somehow I had managed to sign up for the Kindergarten class instead of Charlie's.  I wonder how that happened!  The one other mom said if it were her, she would have just gone home. Ha ha!  I actually even stayed for a school lunch!  Not too shabby for $4.50... although not sure if I would do it everyday.  Charlie loves school lunches though!
I see Graham during recess and he is busy helping the Garden Teacher weed one of the flower beds.  Hope he will do the same in our garden at our new home!
Our old neighbors in Phoenix gave us some parting gifts - scorpion lollies! As tempting as it looks, no one has tried any yet ;-P
We are slowly moving things out of the apartment but progress is really slow.  Movers are coming next Wednesday and I have barely packed up any boxes!  AaahhhHHH!!!!
Graham and Charlie are not wanting to trim much of their hair of lately and this is all because they want to comb their hair like daddy.  Almost there!!!  Bobby said Charlie spent about 10 minutes after his shower last night just combing his hair.  What has he done to my boys??!  What ever happened to just the buzzed #1 hair cut??!
Found a yummy chicken place today (heck, no more microwave lunches!).  Might be our new go-to/take-out restaurant!
With all that has been going on lately with the house - from painting to contractors coming in (electrician, plumber, stucco repair, landscaper to name a few), I haven't been cooking very much.  Nice to know there is a place for some healthy food!

No comments: