Thursday, October 18, 2018

Recent happenings

While Mommy was away in Phoenix to settle the movers there, Graham and Charlie were busy at the mall playing Virtual Reality games!  WHHHAAAAT...!!!  This is Charlie:
And here is Graham:
I guess VR is the future of gaming??!

And now that I have been going back and forth to the new house from school, I have to drive on this one lane road that has lots of horse ranches.  I guess back in the day that's what this place was all about (and I guess still is). I only just noticed that the horse riders have their own button that's placed a bit higher than the pedestrian button to cross the road.  How neat!
I was carpooling with some other moms earlier this week during Charlie's field trip and they were talking about all these horse accidents with vehicles on this road.  YIKES!!!  I have yet to see riders along the road. Supposedly there are tunnels as well for them to get around.

We are all geared up for Ball Hockey!  Although I still need to check that his helmet fits properly. I keep thinking it just might be a tad small. Another to-do this weekend!
Charlie is getting so tall!  And Graham on the other hand is playing on the side of the hill while waiting for Graham.  I love how he is able to just do things on his own. He actually has a couple of sticks in each hand and he is sort of "downhill sliding" :-)
Here's Charlie in action in this week's ball hockey lesson:
And funny enough, just this week as well - Graham is also in ball hockey!  Looks like the LA Kings have put in some more money into the program and are offering it for free for YMCA members.  That made Graham really happy!  And that means more money out the pocket for gear.  Ha ha!
And Graham is doing well in water polo too.  There are still moments where he sorts of wanders off but for the most part, he is still participating:
Charlie just asked today if/when he can get into water polo as well.  He has obviously been playing a bit with Graham at the pool during the weekend.  I think he has to be 7 years old to join the program? I will have to check but there is an additional cost to that as well.  These kids are getting more expensive by the minute! LOL!!!
Why can't the boys just stick to golf??!  Speaking of which, I found some old persimmon woods at the Play it Again Sports store for only $1 each!  Although I can just hear Bobby say "Is that more or less than $0??? :-P
I had to buy a couple clubs - for the boys of course. I will need to have the shafts cut down so they can try it.  See... guess I am also guilty for spending more money. LOL!!!
This Guinness though was definitely worth every penny!!!  I was not feeling so great after my drive from Phoenix last weekend and somehow that one bottle in the fridge was calling my name:
Aaaahhhh.... Cheers!!! :-D

No comments: