Wednesday, June 26, 2013

First batch of blueberries

We finally have our first batch of blueberries from our garden!
Graham didn't like them too much though.  He said that they were sour:
The smaller ones were a little sour, but I thought they still tasted pretty good especially in my daily/ritual cereal.  Did you know that once the blueberries are picked, they don't ripen anymore?
And ah... my poor green bean plant.  Only 1 green bean! I think we should just pick this one soon and cook it and eat it :-)
And we're still waiting for our tomatoes to ripen!
I decided to go with yellow tomatoes this year. Just read on the internet that yellow tomatoes are lower in acid than red tomatoes.  That's good news as I did suffer from really bad heartburn after my own homemade cherry pie the other day!

No comments: