Tuesday, May 28, 2013

US Women's Open qualifier

I decided to try out for the US Women's Open qualifier in Phoenix last week.  So we packed up the boys and off we went.  We decided to check into a hotel since the golf course was about 45min to 1 hour away from our "Phoenix house".  We never seem to travel light these days:
We had Charlie in the hotel's crib and when I wasn't looking, Graham said "Mommy, Charlie is standing." and sure enough, he was!
The boys did quite well in such an enclosed area. I'm not sure who had more fun with the balloon - Graham or Charlie:
The boys also kept themselves occupied with the tablet:
And Mommy kept herself entertained trying to get Charlie to stick his tongue out :-)
And many thanks to Grandma!
Unfortunately, I did not play as well as I would have liked.  I did learn some new things about my swing as well as my new putter, so the trip was not all a loss.  Perhaps I will do better next year.  At least I won't need to nurse Charlie during the break of the 36-hole qualifier!
Oops... almost forgot to thank my caddy/hubby.  Thanks honey! You're the best caddy ever! :-)

No comments: