Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

So I actually thought Mother's Day was the weekend before last, so we had sent out a Mother's Day gift to Grandma a whole week early!  We decided to paint Grandma a little sunflower:
And Mommy got a nice ring holder - painted by Graham as well. We are into shapes right now, as you can see:
And then, this past Saturday - I decided to make some chocolate covered strawberries. It was my first attempt at them.  I tried to drizzle some white chocolate on them but that clearly did not go so well!
And Graham was my handy helper... at eating the leftover chocolate! YUMMY!
On Mother's Day itself, we decided to go to the zoo. Graham was so excited! I love how his ears are curled under his cap.  Too cute!
Why is it so difficult to take family pictures these days?!
Charlie continues to love these fruit pouches even more!  And they are so convenient!
Charlie got tired of being strapped in the stroller, so we decided to put him in the wagon instead. He loved it!
We had to be sure he didn't try to escape! 
After our usual route, it was time to head over to the playground.  Graham was clearly excited about it!
Here's our chubby little Charlie- trying to take his hat off!
Post-fall from a bench... and still smiling.  Yup, Mommy's fault (again!):
Graham loves playing at the playground:
It definitely wore him out!
And Charlie too! It's cute how he's holding onto his little birdie.
I'm glad we went in the morning because look at the traffic going to the zoo as we were leaving.  Bobby would have turned around and we would have gone elsewhere!
As for presents this year - a nice card and new pink pajamas! Soft and cozy and coincidentally the brandname started with the letter "C" too.  Nice touch, daddy :-)
As for flowers, I got this from Graham - a little art work from school:
And Bobby said that the roses are in the backyard.  Nice one, daddy :-P
We did get some new flowers and ground cover for the front yard this year. I like this one:
And this one... although the more I look at it, these flowers are starting to look more like weeds. Ha!
We're going to see how these hydrangeas do in the front:
I hope this summer will be kind to our plants.  I wished our azaleas would grow bigger quicker so it covers more ground. I suppose you can't do too much if you're saving them from the discounted section! And funny enough, none of them are the same color. There are like 5 different shades of red and pink!
And look... blueberries!  So those little white flowers just come off and then the berries are formed.  And I was blaming the birds pecking at them. Who would have known!
And oh, daddy weed-whacked the peonies plant AGAIN this year!

1 comment:

fortywinks32 said...

I am always searching online for tips that can benefit me. Thanks!

bed