Monday, May 6, 2013

Garden update

I'm so glad it didn't freeze the other day!  All the flowers/plants in the yard are budding and we finally have our first rose of the season:
And I can't believe this pine tree is still alive!  It has new pines up top and also little green pines coming up from the bottom of the tree trunk.  I suppose we really should plant it in the ground somewhere in the yard.
The sage is blooming nicely:
And I can't wait to see the blooms on these day lilies. I planted them for my mom a few years ago and after the flowers had wilted, Bobby thought they were weeds! So glad he didn't do a very good job weeding :-)
As for the blueberries, we did get a lot of flowers but I think the birds have been getting to them first!
I just put a net over the plants so hopefully we will eventually get some blueberries this summer.

No comments: