Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our first salad!

Bobby and I picked our first salad last weekend. It was nice and fresh!
There are more tomatoes coming up as well. Hopefully a few more weeks and we can have some fresh tomatoes! The tomato plants are starting to get quite crowded though. I should have planted them with more space between them! Only a few basil plants have sprouted and we only one corn plant out of the two seeds I planted. Guess I'll have to replant more of those.

I have also put up another birdhouse in the backyard. Well, I did have this one up before but the glued-on roof (yes, one of our old NJ license plate) did not stand a chance in the Oklahoma wind! So this time I decided to use screws and I also caulked around the edges so the birds won't have a leaky roof! And also a fresh new coat of paint - I had some leftover paint from Graham's height chart project. I hope the birds like blue :-)

No comments: