Friday, June 17, 2011

Fresh tomatoes!

Our first batch of tomatoes!And boy, these "big boy" tomatoes were sweet and tasty! The cherry tomato plant is doing really well right now. There's a few grape tomatoes coming up and nothing yet from the hybrid tomato plant.

The garden is getting really overcrowded though! The tomato plants are getting bigger and wider than I had expected. And the long beans are getting so much taller as well. I hope those bamboo stalks will hold the plants up! I can't wait though to eat fresh green beans!
Looks like the deer has been gnawing on some of my tomato leaves. So I had to extend the fence out a little bit more. The marigold flowers are really flourishing - I hope they keep those deer away!

Here are some other pictures taken in the garden that morning:

And of course, some pictures taken from inside of the house:
Yes, Graham has figured out how to open the kitchen cabinets, so I had to dedicate one of them just for him!"What are YOU looking at!?"

No comments: