Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Graham's new height chart

Ta da!!!

It's finally done! I was going to have 2 pieces of wood along the border, but I think one will do just fine (as the other one did not want to stick on the wall with double-sided tape!). Hmm... maybe I do need to just paint the border then on the other side. Does that mean it's still only 95% done??!

Anyway... here's the height chart in the personalized party magazine where this whole idea came about:
So I saved myself $24.99 + shipping! :-)

Graham's first height measured on his birthday (May 22) was 28 1/2".
The doctor's office did measure him at 29"... but we'll just stick with what Daddy and I measured him at. Looks like I'm going to need a brighter/lighter pen to mark the height! I did sort of think about that when I was painting the border brown. Oh well! I'm so proud of myself though for being able to just use all my sample paint!

I am bummed that we're not using the other piece of wood because it took me forever to saw it (with my $1 little hand-saw from the Dollar Store)!
We do have a circular saw but the battery was really low and it did not work very well. So, a project that would have taken just 5 minutes probably took me 45 minutes! I wish Daddy would just buy me a nice workbench too!

Graham is definitely getting taller. He is tall enough now to play the piano while standing. Perhaps he will one day play Moonlight Sonata for Daddy!

No comments: